Westfield Academy Chromebook Scheme
Westfield Academy is committed to transforming learning; you may have seen a demonstration at the open evening of the impact Chromebooks will have on personalising learning.
Westfield Academy wants to make student access to Chromebooks as easy and as cost effective as possible. We recognise that not all parents will be able to afford to lease or purchase a Chromebook and we are committed to ensuring where this is the case, students will have access to Chromebooks to enable them to take full part in the learning.
The key features of the scheme are:
- The school will provide options – outlined below – for parents to purchase a Chromebook on a lease or for payment outright. Where parents are unable to do this we will provide a Chromebook free of charge with access restricted to educational use
- All students will be provided with a Westfield Academy Google Chrome account. This provides access to a range of powerful software (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides – the Google equivalent to Microsoft Office) as well as use of Google Classroom – our online Learning platform.
- Whilst the Chromebook is operated through the Westfield Academy Google Chrome account activity on the Chromebook can be filtered and monitored providing a high level of e-safety
- Where the Chromebook is purchased this will enable you to use the Chromebook for all members of the family to use as they wish - such as Social Media, games, streaming of music and videos
- All students will be expected to have charged Chromebooks available for every lesson. This does not mean they will be used for every lesson, but they will be used frequently to enhance learning and provide a new vital educational tool
- Students and parents will need to sign a Chromebook user agreement which outlines their responsibilities under the scheme and the responsibilities of the school
- Failure to abide by the terms of the user agreement will be dealt with under the schools behaviour management policy
We have produced a Frequently Asked Questions document which we hope will answer any detailed questions you may have. If you wish to discuss any aspect of this scheme, please contact the school office on email@example.com