Year 9 Options - Business & Enterprise
WHY THIS SUBJECT IS IMPORTANT
All businesses need enterprising employees to drive their organisations forward, to have ideas and initiatives to instigate growth, and to ensure that businesses survive in this fast-changing world. Enterprise is a key government focus and is set to form an important part of the UK’s global economic status, both now and in the future. Enterprise skills provide a fantastic progression pathway into a number of roles in an organisation and are transferable into all businesses.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
Component 1: Exploring Enterprises
- Examine the characteristics of enterprises
- Explore how market research helps enterprises to meet customer needs and understand competitor behaviour
- Investigate the factors that contribute to the success of an enterprise.
Component 2:Planning for and Pitching an Enterprise Activity
- Explore ideas and plan for a micro-enterprise activity
- Pitch a micro-enterprise activity
- Review own pitch for a micro-enterprise activity.
Component 3:Promotion and Finance for Enterprise
- Explore the different promotional methods used by enterprises and the factors that influence how enterprises identify and target their market.
- Explore financial documents and how to use them to monitor and improve the performance of an enterprise in order to make decisions and recommend strategies for success.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
There are 2 internally assessed units
- Component 1: Exploring Enterprises -30%
- Component 2: Planning for and Pitching an Enterprise Activity – 30%
- Component 3: Promotion and Finance for Enterprise – 40%
All assignments and the exam must be completed satisfactorily in order to pass the course.